MISSING “SAVE SITE AS TEMPLATE” OPTION
If you want to quickly recreate the design, structure, or content of a site, you can save the site as a site template that you can then choose when you create a new site. But in case “SharePoint Server Publishing” feature is enable on the site, the “Save site as template” missing from Site Settings page.
There are 2 ways to show it again:
1. Disable Publishing Feature:
- Go to Site Actions –> Site Settings –> Manage site features under Site Actions.
- Deactivate the SharePoint Server Publishing feature, then go back to the Site Settings page.
- You should now see the save as site template link.
- After saving the template, turn back on SharePoint Server Publishing.
2. Go Directly to Save Site Template Page
Typing this URL in address bar: http://<site url>/_layouts/savetmpl.aspx